Tuesday, April 10

Empty Cupboard Granola

So I'm staying at my Mums house for a few days and woke up this morning too find an empty cupboard. I have been eating terribly bad for the last few days ( I blame Easter) and I was craving some nutritional goodness. Unfortunately it was not gonna be easy working with this fridge...


Thankfully with a bit of inspiration from Lexie's Kitchen and The Spunky Coconut I managed to conjure up this delicious Nutty and Fruity Granola Recipe! Its cooking at the moment and smells delicious, should be fresh out of the oven by the time I finish this post!
After scouraging through the pantry I found a bunch of ingredients mixed them together and baked them in the oven for about 15minutes on 180c. Here is what I used but feel free to be imaginative!
1 Cup Rolled Oats
2 Tablespoons Natural Honey
2 Tablespoons of Real Nut Butter
1/2 Cup Coconut
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Apple (sliced and boiled in a pot with 2cm water for 10mins, then added whole lot to dry mix )

Lay mixture out onto a baking tray with baking paper underneath.
Stir after about 10 minutes and cook for a further 5- 10 mins until toasty looking but not burnt!

Serve with fresh coconut and a dash of almond milk! Yummest!